Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Smile : )

Smile today. You never know what someone else is going through. More often than not, a genuine smile can make all the difference in the world. A smile speaks of the joy in our heart.

I'll never forget the little boy who came zoomin' down the hospital hallway in his wheelchair smiling back at me with such appreciation that someone was smiling at him. Here I was, healthy as can be bringing my grandmother to receive radiation for the cancer that was attacking her body and this little guy had the ability to put life in perspective for me with literally just one second and one smile. Despite the hardships, shattered dreams, or valleys of this life, we can still maintain joy through it all. Why? Because God gives us promises to stand on that extend beyond this short life on earth. Stand on them today, and smile.   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment