Saturday, May 5, 2012

Another derb' Another dollar

The derb' has rolled around yet again and like always I'm fascinated with the hats. I love hats. Any sort of dressing for the head (within stylish & fashionable reason) I typically swoon over. Large brim hats, fancy fascinators, diamond crowns, veils... some lavish, some regal..you name it, I love it. Often times there's meaning behind them that I appreciate as well: Veils representing marriage, crowns representing royalty, feathers symbolizing pomp & circumstance...some archived in museums, others neatly packed away in trunks. But of all to ever exist, only one has left its mark on history as the most humbling & meaningful of all: the crown of thorns Jesus wore. There is no other head piece to represent such an impact in all of time. No, not one. Unlike our often vain reasons for wearing dressings on the head, Jesus was offered no choice of His, rather He was forced to wear it to inflict massive pain and humiliation. But His death brought victory over sin, a fact worth dwelling on for a serious moment. I am every bit undeserving to wear my satin lined hats that are far from causing me any sort of pain, but I'm always humbly reminded of the price that was paid so that I may have life everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment