Monday, May 7, 2012

Psalm 22:3

"Broken"

  • Having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.


  • I was experiencing a tough day emotionally last week. I felt utterly broken. As the word is defined, damaged or no longer in one piece couldn't sum up my heart any better. I was not "in working order" to say the least. It took everything I had to hang on to the promises of God as my day progressed. 

    Without having known what kind of day I was having, my dad entered the room with words of wisdom that pierced my heart for several reasons. First, he had no idea what kind of day I was having. Second, these were sincere, inspired words, specifically from the book of Psalms. And third, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that God knew I needed to hear them. With grace in his heart, my dad said to me "He inhabits our praises. Think about that literally. He inhabits our praises."  I was moved as I thought about the fact that God actually cares to inhabit my praises. He's there with me when I praise Him. And He not only inhabits my praises to Him, He desires them. He desires me, all of me. He loves me without measure. Imagine what infinite love is like?! It's so hard to because our minds are finite and we're only human. But if you can grasp just a smidgeon of the depth of His love, you'll never be the same. He is there, with us, in our praises. It's real in every sense. There is no rock bottom low enough that He won't forgive. The least we can do is honor Him...in our lifestyles...in our choices...and in our praises. Psalm 22:3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment